- Validated protocol by manufacturer of market-leading wastewater tests, including the Colilert/Quanti-Tray method
- Built-in protocol flexibility for a highly dynamic matrix
- Validation on common RT-qPCR instruments3
- Highly sensitive RT-qPCR test, with detection of the N1 and N2 regions of the virus3
- Comprehensive quality-control protocols to ensure consistent results
- A history of an excellent supply chain: IDEXX Water has greater than 99.9% availability for key products3
- Sterile and consistent manufacturing facilities, compliant with ISO and GMP standards
- Technical support staff with decades of experience in wastewater
How to use
Step 1. Pasteurize the sample at 60°C for 1.5 hours. This step is optional.
Step 2. Concentrate the sample using PEG precipitation or equivalent.
Step 3. Extract the RNA using the Water DNA/RNA Magnetic Bead Kit.
Step 4. Amplify the purified nucleic acids using the Water SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Test.
Product inserts and supporting documents
Water SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR TestPublic health studies show that testing wastewater for SARS-CoV-2 is an important epidemiological tool during the COVID-19 pandemic.1,2 The Water SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Test is a real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-qPCR) test that detects and quantifies RNA from the SARS-CoV-2 virus in untreated wastewater. Supported by an industry leader with over 20 years of experience manufacturing wastewater testing kits, public health departments, researchers, and laboratories can confidently deliver consistent results to help protect their communities.3
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.