- No media preparation.
- No pipetting.
- No dilutions (for counts up to 200 with Quanti-Tray; 2,419 with Quanti-Tray/2000; and up to 2,272 with Quanti-Tray/Legiolert).
- Less than 1 minute of hands-on time.
- Results in 24 hours or less (7 days for Legiolert).
- No confirmation necessary.
- Detects down to one organism per 100 mL.
- 95% confidence limits better than 5- or 10-tube Most Probable Number (MPN).
- 95% confidence limits better than or comparable to membrane filtration (MF).
- Minimal equipment to purchase and maintain.
- No glassware to purchase and clean.
- Minimal bench space needed.
How Quanti-Tray works
With Quanti-Tray, a 100 mL sample is divided into 51 wells. Then the Standard Methods’ Most Probable Number (MPN) approach is used to determine the number of bacteria in the original sample. Automation minimizes hands-on time and maximizes throughput (up to 4 samples per minute). The relatively large number of wells provides a high counting range of 1–200 (without dilutions) and very tight 95% confidence limits.
The Quanti-Tray/2000 is based on the same statistical model as the traditional 15-tube serial dilution. With the Quanti-Tray/2000, the sample is automatically divided into the proper portions when sealed by the Quanti-Tray Sealer PLUS. The Quanti-Tray system does not require the use of test tubes, Durham tubes, or any dilutions. By automatically distributing the sample into 97 wells of 2 different sizes, Quanti-Tray/2000 yields a counting range of 1–2,419 with a far better 95% confidence limit than a 15-tube serial dilution.
With Quanti-Tray/Legiolert, a 100 mL sample is divided into 96 wells. The Standard Methods’ Most Probable Number (MPN) approach is used to determine the number of bacteria in the original sample, using the MPN tables provided. Automation minimizes hands-on time and maximizes throughput (up to four samples per minute). The 96-well tray provides a counting range of 1–2,272 (without dilutions).
Quanti-Tray Sealer PLUS
The Quanti-Tray Sealer PLUS is the next generation sealer in the Quanti-Tray system. The sealer makes quantification with Quanti-Tray and Quanti-Tray/2000 possible while saving time and improving laboratory efficiency. Features include a 2–3 minute warm-up time, faster sealing of trays, energy efficiency, and an access panel that makes cleaning easy.
How to use
Learn how to use Quanti-Tray
Add sample/reagent to tray.
Seal tray in Quanti-Tray Sealer PLUS.
Incubate, count positive wells, and refer to appropriate MPN table.
Take the guesswork out of bacterial counts
- Provides easy, rapid, and accurate bacterial counts.
- Quanti-Tray and Quanti-Tray/2000 are used when quantifying coliforms, E. coli, enterococci, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Heterotrophic Plate Counts (HPC).
- The Quanti-Tray/Legiolert is only used to quantify Legionella pneumophila.
- The Quanti-Tray System delivers semiautomated quantification methods based on the Most Probable Number (MPN)model in Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater.
- Learn about the Quanti-Tray Sealer PLUS and our generous trade-in program.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.