- Convenient 100-mL sample size—test source water, transport vehicle water, manufacturing line water, and finished products.
- Simple procedure needs no special training.
- Shares the same Quanti-Tray system as Colilert, Enterolert, and Pseudalert tests for maximum efficiency.
- Results valid at 44–72 hours.
How the HPC for Quanti-Tray test works
The HPC for Quanti-Tray test is used for the quantification of heterotrophic organisms in 100 mL of water.
The test is based on the IDEXX proprietary Multiple Enzyme Technology, which detects viable heterotrophic organisms by testing for the presence of key enzymes known to be present in these organisms. The test uses multiple enzyme substrates that produce blue fluorescence when metabolized by waterborne bacteria.
The sample/reagent mixture is added to a Quanti-Tray, incubated, and then examined for fluorescing wells. The number of fluorescing wells corresponds to a most probable number (MPN) of total heterotrophic organisms in the original sample.
The HPC for Quanti-Tray test detects organisms at 1 cfu/100 mL after 44–72 hours of incubation.
How to use
Learn how to use the HPC for Quanti-Tray test
HPC for Quanti-Tray*
Heterotrophic plate count made easy for bottling and manufacturing plants and on-premise testing
- Quantifies heterotrophic organisms in a 100 mL format
- No autoclaving, filtering, or agar
- No colony counting or interpretation
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.