- Eliminates foil packets.
- Recessed mouth fits different sized sample vials.
- Works with wide range of color cubes, color wheels, and colorimeters.
- Color coding distinguishes free and total chlorine tests.
- Dispenses reagent in one quick step.
- Reduces hands-on time.
- Refill vials screw on quickly and easily.
- U.S. EPA accepted—Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, Section 4500-Cl, G.
- Eliminates risk of powder trapped in corners of foil pouches.
How EZ DPD works
EZ DPD dispenses a premeasured dose of N, N-Diethyl-p-phenylenediamine (DPD) into a 5 mL or 10 mL sample. The DPD reacts with chlorine in the sample to produce a pink color change. The intensity of the color is proportional to the amount of chlorine in the sample.
Colorimetric test kits (not currently sold by IDEXX) allow the sampler to interpret the intensity of the color change, providing a quantitative measure of the amount of chlorine in the sample. EZ DPD detects chlorine between 0.1–3.5 parts per million (ppm).
How to use
Learn how to use the EZ DPD Test
A GUIDE TO USING EZ DPD
- Fill sample vial (not from IDEXX) with water you wish to test.
- Place EZ DPD over sample vial and press button once.
- Read results according to procedure explained in your test kit.
- To refill, unscrew empty reagent vial.
- Uncap refill vial and screw into dispenser top.
- EZ DPD works with a wide range of chlorine test kits.
DPD dispenser for chlorine testingUse in field tests for free or total chlorine in water for 5 mL and 10 mL samples.
- Dispense reagent with the press of a button.
- Avoid messy powder handling and leftover foil pouches.
- Refill dispenser quickly and easily.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.